AVAIL UPTO 50% OFF on Acne (Pimple) treatment & get rid of unwanted bumps from face and skin. The goal of your skin care regimen should be to fight acne. Click here http://bit.ly/319nRlE or call us on 8377950960 to know more about Best Skin Care Routine For Acne Prone Skin.
Acne occurs due to clogged pores, that may be a result of a buildup of excessive sebum, dead skin cells, and trapped bacteria. Learn the skincare routine suitable for acne-prone skin. This video explores the best skin care regimen for acne. Irrespective of the skin types( from oily, dry or combination), season(summer, winter or rainy), or night or day, you will find these DIY tips extremely beneficial in controlling acne.
Are You Making These Mistakes?
People with frequent breakouts must ensure not to repeat the mistakes, which will aggravate their skin condition. Below are some of the significant ways in which you may be causing more harm to your acne-prone skin than good.
1. Not Knowing Your Skin Type: It is essential to be aware of your skin type to ensure that you are managing your skin in the right way and choosing the proper treatment. Each skin type is unique and will react differently to medications and treatments.
2. Assuming One-Stop Solutions Work: Though we would love to have a one-stop solution for all our acne-related problems, unfortunately, there is no such single solution. Apart from the underlying conditions, the severity of the acne condition varies because of which a unique treatment plan is necessary for each skin type. Many companies advertise false claims to market their products. There are also a lot of acne myths and misconceptions spread by popular media.
3. Popping or Picking at Pimples: People with acne prone skin often pick or pop their pimples. When they squeeze the pimple, it causes inflammation, which leads to further skin damage in the form of deeply pigmented marks, scars, etc.
4. Relying Solely on Natural Remedies: Though there are several products with natural ingredients in the market, the fact is that none of these products is chemical-free. Most of these products are not medically-approved, which means that it can cause more harm than good. Also, these products do not target a specific skin condition. Thus, they may be ineffective or potentially dangerous for your skin.
Daily Skin Care Routine for Acne
Lack of proper and regular skin care regimen may leave your acne-prone skin irritated. An effective skin care routine consists of :
1. Cleanser – A mild, fragrance-free and medically-approved cleanser is the best option.
2. Toner – An alcohol-free toner can help maintain the natural pH of the skin and clean pores.
3. Moisturiser – Finish off your skin-care regimen with a water-based moisturizer.
4. Not Using Sunscreen: If you spend several hours outdoors, then you must use sunscreen daily. The use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen is advisable for acne-prone skin, which can help prevent further skin discolouration. Avoid sunburns, early skin ageing, and even skin cancer by choosing the right SPF. For sensitive acne-prone skin, dermatologists recommend the use of non-comedogenic physical sunscreens, which contain titanium dioxide and zinc as they have a drying effect on the pimples.
5. Scrubbing Excessively: Excessive exfoliation is harsh and abrasive; it can lead to scarring and further damage to the inflamed skin. Over exfoliation will strip the skin of its natural oils and aggravate the skin condition. The ideal solution is to opt for chemical peels, which can help in treating different forms of acne.
6. Using Hot Water: The skin loses its essential oils, nutrients, and moisture when you use hot water to clean it, and this, in turn, causes skin dehydration. As a result, the skin produces more oil, making the skin more prone to acne.
7. Applying Too Much Oil: Greasy skin can be a result of excessive hair oil application. It can trigger severe forehead acne.
8. Depending On Spot Treatments: Spot treatment will affect the surface area only. It does not help in treating the underlying issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do face masks help?
Use of acne prone skin face wash or face masks do help but only till a certain extent as the chemicals cannot penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. Apart from providing moisture, they are not effective in treating acne problems.
Our Clinics Around India:
HYDERABAD – Banjara Hills, Gachibowli, Himayatnagar, Jubilee Hills, Kukatpally & Secunderabad.
BANGALORE – HSR Layout, HRBR Layout, Indira Nagar, Jayanagar, Koramangala, Sadashivanagar & Whitefield.
CHENNAI – Adyar, Alwarpet & Anna Nagar
PUNE – Kalyani Nagar, Shivaji Nagar
KOLKATA – Park Street Area
KOCHI – Kadavanthra
VIZAG – Dwaraka Nagar