Hormonal Acne is painful to the touch and it can occur at any age. These painful nodules are due to the over abundant production of the male hormone. It is important to keep this skin soft and supple. Do NOT burn and fry it.
Recommended Skin Care Kit:
Food to avoid are:
– Anything injected with hormones
– Eggs and some dairy
– Kale (I know, it sounds strange)
– Inflammatory foods such as, tomatoes, bell peppers, spicy foods and red wine (these are necessary to avoid if you have ruddiness and inflammation)
– Fatty foods are not great either
To treat Hormonal Acne use:
1. Non-foaming gel or gelee cleanser. Important to do a thorough cleanse, 30 seconds and at night 2x).
2. Exfoliant with a buffing effect. Do not use an exfoliant with granules but rather one that is absorbing.
3. Serum and/or moisturizer. It is important to hydrate the skin NOT nourish it.
4. Pimple cream with salicylic acid or glycolic acid to spot treat.
5. Ice and apply once you feel a pimple coming up a few times a day. Ice helps with inflammation.
6. Calming mask.
7. Sunblock that have healing properties, such as zinc and titanium dioxide. Great minerals to use are La Bella Donna and Colorscience.
Follow me on Instagram!